Hi there! How are you? I hope you are well!
Ok, here is the thing: I just read an article about new year’s resolutions and suddenly I remembered: hey, I’ve got resolutions too…
Oooook! Which are my resolutions? I cannot even remember…. Let’s do some self-criticism here.
I will go through the list you can find (if you want of course.. who gives a damn about my resolutions but anyway.. haha) in this post:
First things first: how many I made? 11???? I can see now… I had a lot of free time to spend on them!! 🙁 I was not working at the time.
So, let’s begin the dive to the subconscious mind.. haha
- Study chinese language and practice it more: Nope! So far, nothing…
- Study italian language and practice speaking it more: This one is more vital for my everyday life, so yes! I am on it!
- Study and master Data Structures and Algorithms: Nope! Just bought the books: 4-5 HUGE books 🙁
- Master React or React Native: Yep! Doing it!
- Keep building side projects and finish unfinished ones: Yeah on the first part, nope on the second!
- Contribute more to Open Source projects: Yep! Did it on if-me.org but not for too long… Maybe I will resume! I have not found anything really really interesting so far.
- Start looking for other ways to advance one’s career such as a Master’s degree, look for suitable degrees in the Netherlands for start: Nope! Still making circles in my mind.. No real action!
- Focus more on practicing best techniques and design patterns in writing software, acquire and read some books too for this reason: Done!
- Start public speaking in local events about software development and ‘Why not?’ in bigger and more famous conferences and meetups and DevDays: Good news! I have not made a talk yet, but I am actively involved in the local community. I became one the co-founders of M.U.G. And I am very proud about it!
- Keep writing more and more articles that provide great value in my blog and share knowledge with the community: The rate of writing has dropped but the promise is not abandoned! 🙂
- Start investing money when job is acquired: Job is already acquired, investing money is not done yet! Bummer..
So, in general it seems to me that I have prioritized subconsciously the goals I want to accomplish! But, in general I put too many (as always) and naturally I will not get all of them! Nonetheless,